Camp Toyahvale Guidelines
*Please be respectful of any artifacts discovered at Camp Toyahvale. They are not to be removed under any circumstances.
Camp Toyahvale at (Pemanxoje) Toyahvale, Texas is a camp to learn to live with the land and
protect the water. The first Native College in Texas.
Participants must come 100% self-sufficient at this time until the camp creates more
infrastructure. That means food, water, medical supplies, tents, packing out trash and any
sanitation. Campers will be asked to participate to the camp as it grows and may be asked to
sign up for a variety of duties for the good of everyone.
All participants will be asked to sign a Waiver of Liability.
Everyone must check-in, and be prepared to abide by camp rules which will include modern
legalities as well as respect for the native traditions and culture of the original inhabitants.
Water Protectors are absolutely welcome but we will not be engaging in direct action from this
site. Our education about the land is our best statement for its protection. We are happy to
provide guidance to an Action Camp in the area.
• Please be aware that there may be prayer and ceremonies conducted.
Respect this and do not disturb or participate unless invited.
• Please follow all security guidelines associated with entry to the Camp
o Please provide any personal information requested that will allow us
to know who is visiting our Camp
o Please accurately complete a Liability release form
• Respect the land, plants and creatures present on this property.
• No collection, or disturbing of any artifacts
• Respect the boundaries of the established camp we are surrounded by
• No ground fires unless approved by Security
• No Drugs or Alcohol
• No abusive language
• No acts of violence
• Respect for all local laws and ordinances
• No vendors unless approved by the Council
• Please use the sanitation facilities provided
• No pets unless certified service animals or animals approved by Security
• Entry and exit through established areas
• Keep your personal space clean and orderly
• Participate in policing the camp for trash every evening before sunset
• Use only reuseable items when possible (no paper plates, paper cups, plastic
• Participate in any task required to sustain the camp
o Help in the kitchen
o Maintain the fire
o Keep camp free of wind blown debris
o Haul water or wood
Camp Toyahvale Leadership and Land Owners reserve the right to
remove any individuals or groups from the Camp at their discretion.